HammarBear - Midweek weekend update (5/5/20)

So I realized today that I had not updated here in a few days, so here's what I've got so far. I can't remember if I posted the pics of the new raised beds, but here they are. My Brother-in-Law helped me set them in place and fill them with dirt.

.

As we had several really nice days in a row, and some of the plants were getting too big for the starter trays, I opted to put some things into the ground on Sunday. My Brother-in-Law gave me a hand once again and helped me put them into the ground. This one has Peppers, lettuce, kale and garlic.

.

This one has Garlic. I don't have pictures of it, but I put up a small fence around each raised bed on Monday.

.

I've moved the Potato buckets outside, in hopes that they will sprout while out in the sun. So far, no sprouts have broken dirt.

.

I put 5 tomato plants into the larger plot, along with carrots. This dirt is a bit more dense than the others, and it feels like the roots are taking a bit better in this soil. But we'll see.

.

I worked along the side of the yard more, sifting the dirt, removing weeds and ground cover, and put the nicely sifted dirt in.

.

The digging along this fence came to a stop on Sunday night after I broke the second of three shovels we had...

.

This one was the newest, having just purchased it on Friday...I also purchased a new handle at the same time to replace the handle on the first shovel I broke. So, As of this photo, I have 2 shovels, though one is really old and loose.

.

After work on Tuesday, I stopped at Tractor Supply to get a new, Fiberglass handled shovel, as well as other supplies. You can see the repaired shovel right behind it.

More to come soon.
-Phil

Comments

Popular Posts